Since I was little, i loved to explore food from all over the world. I grew up in Zurich and had relatives from Vienna and loved making foods from Europe as well as the Mediterranean culture.
- 1 pound Ground Chicken or Turkey
- 1 Zucchini grated
- 1-2 big Carrots grated
- 3-4 Scallions minced
- 1 handful Parsley and Dill finely chopped
- 1 thumb-size Ginger finely grated
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Old Bread anything you have, white or whole wheat soaked in water and squeezed out
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper for an extra kick
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Oil or Olive Oil for frying
Combine all the ingredients except oil into a large bowl.
Form the mixture into patties. You can form them in whatever size you like, large for sandwiches or small for cocktail parties.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until browned and cooked through (no trace of pink remains). Alternatively, they can be grilled on a barbecue.
- 2-4 Pita Bread whole wheat or regular
- 3-4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Za'atar
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary optional
- sea salt to sprinkle
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Cut each pita into 8 triangles and arrange it on the baking sheet.
Prepare the marinade: In a small bowl you mix olive oil, zaatar, rosemary. Brush each pita triangle with the mixture. Sprinkle the pitas with sea salt.
Bake the pitas for 10 minutes or until it is brown and crispy and allow to cool it.
These are good with hummus, in a fattoush salad or anything you like.